Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Camping

Hi there. Papa wanted me to write my own opinon on the Pineaaple,{What i call the Motorhome} so here we go.



So we left home around 1430, (We being my mother and I) and went kayaking. When we came back to the dock, the sun was setting, which means the Mosquitoes and the No-See-Ums or Sandflies were coming out.

Next day

Mama had to teach, so she had to leave EARLY and so it was just papa and I and so while Papa was finishing buffing the coach, I was reading. After he finished, we went kayaking to the swimming area (which was closed) and the concession stand. While we were paddling back, we saw an osprey nest and stopped at a little tiny beach that Mama and I stopped at yesterday. When we got back, I made some lunch and Papa went and took a shower. When I had just finished making our sandwiches, Mama walked in. So I quickly made her one, and we ate. We decided to take a bike ride over to the Kimbell Center, and Mama found out about this Photography adventure,and the prize was a small metal coin that had a scrub-jay on one side, and an eagle on the other. To get the coin you had to use a phone and figure out where the latitude and longitude put you. you had to get 3 out of 6 and the first one was in the building and the other was out front.
 There was a little button you could press to listen to the Scrub-jay's call

Scrub-jays eat a variety of things from acorns, as shown above,to the eggs of other birds.

So the 3rd picture is an osprey nest on kitching creek trail. We also got to see one of the parents guarding the nest, and one of the chicks popped its head up out of the nest before i got the camera out.










This is the pic with the nest AND the osprey lookout. It is in the middle of the picture on the bottom branch.





It looks like the other parent is in the nest with the chicks.


Next day

We went back to the Kimbell Center to claim our coins and i asked the ranger if he could bring Red, a Corn Snake, and so im just going to put all of the pictures that I took here.














This was right before he climbed onto my camera.
Well, thats it for my camping trip! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment