Friday, March 29, 2024

Easter Getaway

 Last minute call as we reailized we didn't really have anything planned for the weekend.  Looked online Tuesday evening and found availabilty at Phipps Park in Martin county.   We have stayed here quite a few times over the years with my first stay with JT when he was about 5 or 6 years old.   Back then all the sites were primative with no power or water.  Now they have about 100 sites with full hookups and of course the prices have gone up quite a bit.   

I was surprised as there were 8 or 9 spots open which is rare this time of year.   The girl working when I checked in affirmed that only in the past few days they have has a few open spots after being booked all season so far.

I got a little bit of a head start Friday to try and beat rush hour through West Palm, but hit a few thick patches.  The ride up took close to 90 min with the backups.   Today on the way home, clear sailing in 1 hour.    The exit is exactly 50 miles from my exit so about 55 miles each way door to door..

Freshly arrived and got plugged in for the fridge and AC.   There was a nice breeze though. And we had chamber of commerce weather all weekend.


We look so smaill next to our neighbors.  The trailer on the left was about 30' and the class A was a 36'.   Both neighbors were nice with the Class A being a retired couple and the others two nice ladies and thier little dog that was welll behaved (not barky like the one across the street).


Lucy left about half an hour after I did as she had to go to work Saturday morning,  The shuttle arrived about an hour later so I know traffic got worse.
 

Nice sunset and unusual that I'm cooking before it got dark.   Potatos with butter and garlic wrapped in the foil.  They were tasty!

I'll whine here about the crappy phone I'm using as my Pixel 5a bricked a few days ago.  These clouds had great orange and purple on them, but I could get the settings right to capture....

New crewmember representing NASA on this mission of the Intergaltic Space Pineapple.  Astronaut Snoopy was a welcome addition to the crew although he did not perform any EVAs on this mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment