Sunday, August 16, 2026

Overseas Cruise

 The nice part of being in Tavernier was the short drive on Sunday.   After Saturday's shenanigans we slept in for a bit and had a late breakfast.    We bid our friends a fair adieu and pointed the nose of the ship south on US1.   I really enjoyed the drive as it being mid day on a Sunday, there was little traffic heading our direction.   We rolled into Marathon about an hour later and stopped by the grocery for some last minute items as I didn't get to the store before we left.

We arrived at Bahia Honda without much fuss and got onto our site.   This area was wiped out in 2017 by hurricane Irma.   There are some pics of the damage from our 2019 visit here

The new spots are limited to 24 foot or under so that works for us just fine!

Not a lick of shade anywhere on the site!  It ws HOT!!!!!!

About an hour after we arrived, I noticed this rusty puddle.   Uh oh!   I was freaked for a second but as soon as I crawled under I relaxed.  The hose clamp rusted off!!   Thank goodness it didn't let go on the highway or in the middle of the 7 mile bridge!!    I had two smaller clamps and put them together and we were all fixed for the ride home!

For us the highlight of the day is heading up to the bridge for sunset.   Amazingly I have never seen the same sunset.  Always different.

This time there was a ton of Sahara dust in the air so it was a bit muted, but still nice.

We headed back to the site and cooked up dinner and sat out looking at the stars as there was a sea breeze and that kept the bugs down.  We each saw a few meteors and a bunch of satellites.   A very chill and laid back Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment