Saturday, November 14, 2020

Starlog 1114.20 - Scheduled Dry Dock Maintience

 As previously logged, the Intergalactic Space Pineapple, suffered damage to the warp core during our tour of the Floridian system.  The radiation shield was repaired at a remote friendly space port as described in the previous log entry.

Today we set forth for a Federation maintenance facility on the planet Okeechobee for a much needed repair to warp induction disk (aka the flywheel).   After the rear stabilizers were pressurized, we engaged the starter coils and crossing our fingers that the warp core would engage.   The damaged disk groaned and complained for a second and just as we thought it wouldn't the warp core came to life with that familiar rumble.

I eased her our of the docking bay and while I kept her running, added 5 gallons of unleaded dilithium to the reserves so that she was near full for the journey.  Today's journey would be a crew of one, which is always challenging, as any in flight issues are difficult to handle while piloting the craft.  

I had thoughtfully prepared prior to launch to load needed supplies on board, and with only a few minutes of idling, I communicated to my extraction team that I was underway.

The trip itself was uneventful, an I made the Oke run in under 1.5 hours.  As I dropped out of warp, I radioed the maintenance facility for final approach instructions and followed them to a docking bay.  I went over IGSP's  maintenance requirements as my extraction team went into orbit around the planet.

10 minutes later, I was beamed aboard this sleek black shuttlecraft and we blasted out of orbit.


The captain and his mate were quite gracious to collect me from the surface and return me back to headquarters after stopping off at a Cantina to enjoy a wonderful lunch.

The Pineapple will be under going a flywheel replacement this coming week and hopefully getting a new speedo cable installed and some leaks addressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment