Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Day 7 - Wow, been out for a week already!

Today I had decided to take it easy.  It is a vacation after all right?   My sister-in-law was flying into Nashville (about 2 hours away) in the early evening.   Originally, I said, I'll hang out at the RV park all day and catch up on my magazines, sit in the hammock and take it easy.

I kinda wish everyone got going earlier so I didn't have a lot of time to think about it...Yep, I changed my mind at the last minute and hopped in my FIL's Mercury.

The only plan was he wanted to take us to downtown Nashville (I had been there for 2 days for work about 2 years ago).  On the way through Bowling Green, he pulled off at the Corvette museum.  Ended up going in and spending about 90 minutes looking at all the vettes.   Some really cool concepts and one offs.  

The Cormaro - 96 Camaro body on a C5 platform.  Sneaky test mode!



My buddy the LT1, same engine in my Station Wagon!



Not to mention the victims of the now famous sink hole.

Now it was lunch time and we decided to get some Nashville Hot Chicken.  We chose Prince's as it was on the north side of town (direction we were coming).  Sketchy neighborhood in a run down strip plaza.   And the line was out the door!   We waited about 90 minutes to get our food with more chicken being delivered through the dining room while we stood in line!


I got the mild and it was fine, I tried Lucy's Xhot and it was really spicy!   Delicious fried chicken, worth the wait for sure.

Now we were a bit later than hoped and missed getting into the Capitol Building by 5 minutes...  There was a State History museum a block away and we got an hour in there before they closed.   We then walked down to Honkey Tonk Row on Lower Broadway.   We went in and out alot of shops and had a few beers here and there.

About the time I'm thinking, great we can go to the airport and get out of here, we find out the flight has been delayed by 2 hours.  Greaaaaat.....now is the part I feel like I made a bad decision.

To make a long story short, we got back to the RV park around midnight, and pretty much went to bed right away after a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment