Saturday, April 10, 2021

GMC Rally Day 2 at Sirum GMC

 Saturday morning breakfast with the group. from 8-9 and then it was off to Sirum's shop for the tech session.  The rally was only about 10 minutes from Sirum's GMC and I got a ride with one of the people who pulled a car (Towed or toad) with them. 

I found this poster on the front door to the point, succinct and in terms the locals could relate to as there are LARGE cattle ranches all around the area.  I also found it amusing. 

I have been to Jeff's shop a few times both just to stop and say howdy, and also to have work done.   In fact, I scheduled a visit for about 2 weeks from now to finally get my generator installed and upgrade to a newer air bag system (more on that later).

Most of the guys went over there and there was a lot of looking at the other coaches to see work done and work needed to be done.  I was shopping for ideas on future upgrade ideas.

This coach is a 26' Royale rear bath.  It is the 26' version of our coach as they were both originally outfitted by Coachman.   This particular unit was modified by Cinnibar in Michigan.  They are the company that bought up the rights to the GMC motorhome after GM stopped building them.  This coach just sold for 40K I was told and it looks very fresh even though the refit happened awhile ago (This work all fresh and new would be over 100K easy).

Lots of sleeping space in this baby.  6 easy with the dinette fold down.  Notice the cabinets are the same as ours.

A partially remodeled bathroom.  Same layout as ours but new counter, toilet and sink.  I also liked the trim work around the rear window and the white on the walls really brightens it up.

A much nicer closet space that ours with green carpet and wood paneling.  I bet the cork helps absorb sound too.  The shelves are a really nice touch too, going to look at doing that.

The outside of the coach.  She's a beauty.

This one was gorgeous, but black would never work in FL for me.  It was named Midnight Express, you can see the name on the inside of the door in the pic.

I really like the wood floors and the solid butcher block counter.  I'm really digging this look for the Pineapple.

Jeff showing off some of his craftsmanship to one of the other attendees.

The Royale is on the end.  The photos below are from the one on the left with black stripes.

Looking down the hallway to the rear bedroom.  I really wanted this floor plan but wound up with the Pineapple instead.   I'm okay with it as we love our coach

I really liked these floors as well, more of a grey driftwood look. Also note the table in between the two front seats.

In addition to all the nice coaches, there is a boneyard for those parts that you just can't buy anywhere.  I didn't get them all, just a few of them.

I think there are about 20 of them around the property.

Some are gutted, others just look like they need a lot of love.

This one was a hotel shuttle bus complete with full-on bus doors.   There is another one from Miami Dade county that was also a bus.  Surprised I didn't take a picture of that one.

I love this shot.  It reminds me of a futuristic dystopian video game.

After a couple of hours, Jeff closed up shop and we headed off to a place Lunkers for lunch.  The chicken wings were good and beer cold, but the waitress needed some more training.  It was okay as there was a really nice breeze blowing through the patio and I was up wind of everyone else.

After lunch we headed back to the campground.



1 comment: